Members of the Monroe High School football team met Seahawks QB Russell Wilson last week at Seattle's practice facility. From left to right are Shanden Mixayphone, Alexander McCreary, Mitchell Higgins, Gabe Moore, Wilson, Max Blais, McKinley Braa, Alex Vidican, Andrew Zimmerman, Hunter Bingham, Robbie Schab, and coach Edd Pratt. Not shown – Chase Dimonda, Cody Kennedy
Among other things, the players posed for a photo with the Seahawks' starting quarterback, Russell Wilson.
The Bearcats qualified for the national tournament by first winning a local qualifier in May at Glacier Peak High School in Snohomish, then winning the regional tournament in June at the Seahawks' practice facility.
The team respresenting the Detroit Lions won this year's national tournament, beating the Miami Dolphins in the title game.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- Live video: Arlington vs. Edmonds-Woodway wrestling Jan. 29
- Live video: Glacier Peak vs. Mountlake Terrace boys basketball Jan. 29
- Live video: Mountlake Terrace vs. Glacier Peak girls basketball Jan. 29
- Cascade Conference votes down creating football-only leagues with NW Conference Jan. 29
- WIAA story on new Sultan scoreboard Jan. 29