Members of the Monroe High School football team met Seahawks QB Russell Wilson last week at Seattle's practice facility. From left to right are Shanden Mixayphone, Alexander McCreary, Mitchell Higgins, Gabe Moore, Wilson, Max Blais, McKinley Braa, Alex Vidican, Andrew Zimmerman, Hunter Bingham, Robbie Schab, and coach Edd Pratt. Not shown – Chase Dimonda, Cody Kennedy
Among other things, the players posed for a photo with the Seahawks' starting quarterback, Russell Wilson.
The Bearcats qualified for the national tournament by first winning a local qualifier in May at Glacier Peak High School in Snohomish, then winning the regional tournament in June at the Seahawks' practice facility.
The team respresenting the Detroit Lions won this year's national tournament, beating the Miami Dolphins in the title game.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- Pivec named Northwest Shootout MVP April 18
- Mountlake Terrace sophomore named WIAA Athlete of the Week April 7
- Lynnwood's Pivec wins national 3-point competition April 3
- Pivec AP player of the year; other local players on all-state teams March 30
- Lynnwood girls basketball coach Everett Edwards steps down March 28