Members of the Monroe High School football team met Seahawks QB Russell Wilson last week at Seattle's practice facility. From left to right are Shanden Mixayphone, Alexander McCreary, Mitchell Higgins, Gabe Moore, Wilson, Max Blais, McKinley Braa, Alex Vidican, Andrew Zimmerman, Hunter Bingham, Robbie Schab, and coach Edd Pratt. Not shown – Chase Dimonda, Cody Kennedy
Among other things, the players posed for a photo with the Seahawks' starting quarterback, Russell Wilson.
The Bearcats qualified for the national tournament by first winning a local qualifier in May at Glacier Peak High School in Snohomish, then winning the regional tournament in June at the Seahawks' practice facility.
The team respresenting the Detroit Lions won this year's national tournament, beating the Miami Dolphins in the title game.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- All-State cross country race set for July 11 July 3
- Snohomish and Archbishop Murphy highlight All-State boys soccer teams July 3
- First-annual Snohomish Summer Smash tennis tournament starts July 24 July 3
- Glacier Peak's Pettit takes over Twitter from East-West football game June 30
- Dmochowsky, Oxnevad, Davenport among several local players on WSBCA all-state baseball team June 22
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.