Visit animals: The petting zoo at Forest Park is open daily from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday is the last day. Kids (and their adults) can visit turkeys, chickens, bunnies, pigs, sheep, goat, horses, alpacas and more. Free entrance and pony rides. Donations welcome. Read more in our story here.
4-H: Take your kids, kindergarten through 12th grade, to learn about 4-H programs in Snohomish County at the Evergreen State Fairgrounds on Monday. Call 425-357-6044 for details.
Keep it clean: Learn about local wildlife, our influence on water quality and how to keep it clean at "It's a Shore Thing: Beaches, Clean Water and our Local Wildlife" on Wednesday on Camano Island. More information here.
Fish fry, car wash: Eat catfish, French fires, coleslaw and hush puppies at the Greater Trinity Baptist Church's Fish Fry and Car Wash at 6 p.m. on Wednesday. The church is at 11229 4th Ave. W, Everett. Call 425-355-9871 for details
Cars: Local clubs and car enthusiasts will show off custom classics at the Hot Rods and Muscle Car show on Wednesday. The free event is from 4 to 7 p.m. at Burgermaster Everett, 7903 Evergreen Way.
Fair days: Admission is free until 1 p.m. at the Evergreen State Fair's opening day on Thursday. There will be all-Alaskan pig races in the morning and Monster Trucks in the evening, plus lots of good stuff in between. The fair runs through Sept. 2. More information here.
Music, magic: Here's what is happening locally this week.
- Noon to 1 p.m. - Jeff Evans, free magic show, Fifth Avenue S. and Maple Street, Edmonds.
- 5 to 7 p.m. - Sets in the West: The Grizzled Mighty with Eternal Fair, Wetmore Theater Plaza, 2710 Wetmore Ave. More.
- 6 to 8 p.m. - Wings N Things: The Music of Paul McCartney, The Forum in the Mill Creek Town Center, 15310 Main St. More.
- 7 p.m. - Carrie Clark and The Lonesome Lovers, folk and Americana, Cromwell Park, 18030 Meridian Ave. N, Shoreline. More.
- 7:30 to 9 p.m. - Mountain Faith Bluegrass band, Thumbnail Theater, 1211 Fourth St., Snohomish. Tickets $15. More.
- 10 to 11 a.m. - Children's concert: The Brian Waite Band, rock 'n' roll, Thornton A. Sullivan Park, 11405 Silver Lake Road, Everett. More.
- Noon to 1 p.m. - Scott Lindenmuth, classical guitar, Fifth Avenue S. and Maple Street, Edmonds.
- 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. - Sirsy, indie rock duo, Port Gardner Landing, 1700 W. Marine View Drive, Everett. More.
- 6:30 to 8 p.m. - Arlington's Blues Playground, Terrace Park, 809 Fifth St. More.
- 6: 30 to 8 p.m. - Blues Power Revue (Blues Brothers tribute), North Creek sports field No. 3, 11905 North Creek Parkway, Bothell. More.
- 7 p.m. – Willie Nelson and Family, Marymoor Park, 6046 W. Lake Sammammish Parkway NE, Redmond. Tickets $45 to $65. More.
- "Madagascar 3" Mukilteo Movies in the Park, 8:40 p.m. Wednesday, Rosehill Community Center, 304 Lincoln Ave.
- "Singles" PEMCO Movies at Magnuson Park, 7 p.m. Thursday, Warren G. Magnuson Park Athletic Fields, 7400 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle. Pre-movie seating $5.
More Entertainment Headlines
Monday’s highlights on TV Architects using shipping containers for cheaper, faster, more sustainable building ‘Northern Soul’ explores little-known music scene Getting satisfaction From Stones to solo album: Keith Richards making moves Fall streaming TV preview Can this Hollywood moment save NASA? Upcoming book events in Snohomish County Capsule reviews of the next week’s video releases, on DVD and Blu-ray
Our to-do list full of ideas for your weekend
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.