Seahawks trade Moffitt to Browns
Cleveland needed an experienced guard after losing Shawn Lauvao and Jason Pinkston to ankle injuries in the past week. Browns coach Rob Chudzinski said Moffitt is a "tough and versatile lineman who will be in the mix for us up front."
The 6-foot-4, 319-pound Moffitt made 15 starts for Seattle over the past two seasons. He started the final six games -- four at right guard, two at left -- last season, helping Seattle earn a spot in the NFC playoffs.
The Seahawks drafted Moffitt in the third round in 2011. He started his first nine games as a rookie before sustaining a season-ending knee injury.
Sanford played in six games the past three seasons for Cleveland.
- Seahawks' Turbin making strong case he's best option behind Lynch 8/20/14
- Seahawks notes: NFL increases practice squad from 8 players to 10 8/20/14
- Browns not ready to name starting quarterback 8/19/14
- Kluwe, Vikings reach settlement to avert lawsuit 8/19/14
- Eagles acquire RB Barner in trade with Panthers 8/19/14
- Cardinals DT Dockett tears ACL, out for season 8/19/14
- Chiefs' Charles injures foot moving out of dorm 8/18/14
- Simms, Dungy likely not to use 'Redskins' on NFL broadcasts 8/18/14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.