Road reopens to Cascade Pass trailhead in N. Cascades
The road closed about 3 miles from the trailhead on Aug. 11 after a huge downpour washed out the road. The washout stranded many hikers on the other side. The park service helped those who were stranded by providing food and water. On Aug. 12, a temporary fix was in place and the hikers were able to drive out.
The fix of the road is still temporary, but it has been deemed sufficiently stable and approved by the park service. The parks staff is considering options for a permanent fix.
The trailhead is extremely popular. It offers access to Cascade Pass and Sahale Arm, as well as other hikes.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Book giveaway: Two new guides to some of the best trails July 8
- Upcoming outdoor events: Mountain biking clinic, birds, Burke July 6
- Video: Helicopter team rescues hiker on rock face July 3
- How many beers did that workout earn you? July 2
- Trail crew: Pulaskis, brush saws, shovels (and a few sequins) June 30
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.