Road reopens to Cascade Pass trailhead in N. Cascades
The road closed about 3 miles from the trailhead on Aug. 11 after a huge downpour washed out the road. The washout stranded many hikers on the other side. The park service helped those who were stranded by providing food and water. On Aug. 12, a temporary fix was in place and the hikers were able to drive out.
The fix of the road is still temporary, but it has been deemed sufficiently stable and approved by the park service. The parks staff is considering options for a permanent fix.
The trailhead is extremely popular. It offers access to Cascade Pass and Sahale Arm, as well as other hikes.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Suiattle River Road is open again after 11 years Oct. 27
- Art class offers chance to see North Cascades in new way Oct. 20
- Improve your paddling skills at upcoming seminar Oct. 20
- Celebrate the reopening of the Suiattle River Road Oct. 17
- See wild mushrooms, learn about identification at free event Oct. 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.