Road reopens to Cascade Pass trailhead in N. Cascades
The road closed about 3 miles from the trailhead on Aug. 11 after a huge downpour washed out the road. The washout stranded many hikers on the other side. The park service helped those who were stranded by providing food and water. On Aug. 12, a temporary fix was in place and the hikers were able to drive out.
The fix of the road is still temporary, but it has been deemed sufficiently stable and approved by the park service. The parks staff is considering options for a permanent fix.
The trailhead is extremely popular. It offers access to Cascade Pass and Sahale Arm, as well as other hikes.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Upcoming events to support Snohomish County Helicopter Rescue Team March 7
- Take a guided kayak tour on Lake Sammamish, learn about wildlife March 5
- Outdoor events: Pack light, learn about slugs, Fred Beckey, more March 5
- Little Si is a short, sweet trail you can do nearly year-round March 3
- Show us your best shots for winter photo contest March 3
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.