General admission ticket prices:
• Adults, 16-61, $10
• Senior citizens, 62-89, $7
• 90 and older, free
• Youth, 6-15, $7
• Kids younger than 5, free
Grandstand, carnival, rodeo and speedway tickets are sold separately at the box office; grandstand and speedway tickets include fair admission.
Fair hours are 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., 7 p.m. on closing day. Butler Amusements Carnival hours are 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Parking: $8 weekdays; $10 weekends. No re-entry.
24-hour fair hotline: 360-805-6700
How to get there: The Evergreen State Fairgrounds are at 14405 179th Ave. SE in Monroe, 14 miles east of Everett on U.S. 2 and about 30 miles northeast of Seattle via I-405 and Highway 522. Community Transit Routes 270 and 275 will serve the fair every 30 to 90 minutes Monday through Saturday. There is no service on Sundays or Labor Day. For exact times, go to www.communitytransit.org. Park free at Everett Station, 3201 Smith Ave., and at the Snohomish, Sultan and Gold Bar park & ride lots.
Thursday, Aug. 22
Opening Day of the 105th annual Evergreen State Fair
• Free admission until 1 p.m.
• Opening Day ceremony at 2 p.m.
• Professor Bamboozle variety show, 2:15 p.m., Family Stage
• All-Alaskan Racing Pigs, 3 p.m., Frontierland.
• Cat Costume Contest, 4-H barn
• Register for bubble gum-blowing contest, 3:45 p.m., Courtyard Stage.
• Western Regional Clydesdale Show, 6 p.m., Arena.
• Monster Mania truck show, 7 p.m., Evergreen Speedway, followed by fireworks.
Friday, Aug. 23
• Free admission until 1 p.m. with donation of three cans of food for local food banks.
• Snohomish High School "Jam Club," 11:45 a.m., Courtyard Stag.
• County agriculture display and farmer-for-a-day fun for kids, all day, near the main, west gate.
• Sky Valley Antique Tractor Show, all day, out near the dairy barns.
• Dairy Shrine Museum, main dairy barn.
• 4-H dog agility games, 3 p.m., dog barn.
• Northwest District Beekeepers, all day, Display Hall.
Saturday, Aug. 24
• Speedway and Fair Combo ticket available.
• Monroe's annual Fair Days Parade, 11 a.m., downtown Monroe.
• Reptile Man snake show, 11:30 a.m., followed by the One World Taiko Drummers, 12:45 p.m., Courtyard Stage.
• Egg Toss contest registration, 5 p.m., Arena.
• Western Heritage Interactive Museum, all day, south of east entrance.
• Snoqualmie Tribe display and largest story pole display, all day, Frontierland.
• Lumberjack shows, noon, 4 and 7 p.m., Frontierland.
• See drivers from all over the country competing at 6 p.m. Figure 8 and more at the Evergreen Speedway.
Sunday, Aug. 25
• The Courtyard Stage is the place to be on Fiesta Sunday. Performances by New Age Flamenco, Bailadores de Bronce folkloric dancers, Mariachi Fiesta Mexicana band and dancers, Manigua Latin fusion band and Aztec Indian Dancers.
• Also at the Courtyard, Evergreen Idol contest finals, 6:30 p.m.
• 4-H hog calling, 2 p.m., swine arena.
• More than 80 drivers compete for Evergreen Speedway Pro Am Drift championship, all day.
Monday, Aug. 26
Senior Citizen Day
• Free gate admission for those 62 and older.
• Silver Steppers musical review, 1:15 p.m., Courtyard Stage.
• Moonlight Swing Orchestra, 7:30 p.m., Courtyard Stage.
• Adria the Juggler, 1:45 and 7 p.m., Family Stage.
• Draft horse and mule extravaganza with Warm Beach Vaulters equestrian acrobats, 5 p.m., Arena.
• Fried chicken contest, 6 p.m., Snohomish County Agriculture tent.
• Oak Ridge Boys concert, 7 p.m., Grandstand.
Tuesday, Aug. 27
• General admission is $2 before 2 p.m.
• Water balloon contest, 1:15 p.m., animal judging arena.
• Ken Emerson plays Hawaiian slack key guitar, 4:30 p.m., Courtyard Stage.
• Texting contest, 3 and 6:30 p.m., prizes. Listen to fair PA announcer who will give number and sentence to text.
• Visit Monroe Historical Society's Shannahan Cabin.
• Talk with WSU master gardeners, all day, Display Hall.
• Brantley Gilbert concert, 7:30 p.m., Grandstand.
Wednesday, Aug. 28
• Up to six family members admitted together for just $30.
• Bubble gum-blowing contest, 2:45 p.m., Courtyard Stage.
• Louie Foxx variety show, 7 p.m., Family Stage.
• Quil Ceda Carvers carving show, all day, Display Hall.
• Raspberry preserves contest, 1 p.m., Snohomish County Agriculture tent.
• Evergreen Idol singing contest winner opens for 3 Doors Down concert, 7 p.m., Grandstand.
Thursday, Aug. 29
• Ages 15 and younger admitted free.
• Cowboy Buck and Elizabeth, family entertainment, 2 p.m., Courtyard Stage.
• Pie-eating contest, age categories, 2:45 p.m., Courtyard Stage.
• Zambini Puppet Show, 3 p.m., Family Stage.
• Sow and litter display, all day, swine arena.
• Hand-milking dairy competition, 6 p.m., animal judging arena.
• REO Speedwagon concert, 7 p.m., Grandstand.
Friday, Aug. 30
Armed Forces Day
• First responders and military personnel admitted free with ID.
• Open-class wool judging, 1 p.m., Sheep Barn.
• Armed Forces Day ceremony, 2 p.m., Courtyard Stage.
• MercyMe, Christian rock concert, 7 p.m., Grandstand.
• Final showcase of youth-trained wild mustang horses, all day, Arena.
• Opening night of the Pro-West Rodeo, 7 p.m., Arena.
Saturday, Aug. 31
• Snohomish County Western equestrian games, all day, Arena.
• Open-class Holstein judging, 1 p.m., Judging Arena.
• Apple pie contest, 1 p.m., Snohomish County Agriculture Display.
• Kids find quarters in a haystack, 2:15 p.m., Snohomish County Agriculture Display.
• Chainsaw carvers, all day, Frontierland.
• The Fentons country music, 4 p.m., Courtyard Stage.
• NASCAR show, 6 p.m., Evergreen Speedway.
• Pro-West Rodeo, with Warm Beach Vaulters and High Valley Riders drill team, 7 p.m., Arena.
Sunday, Sept. 1
Demolition Derby Day
• Snohomish County Windjammers men's barbershop chorus, 10:30 a.m., Courtyard Stage.
• 4-H veterinary science quiz, 11 a.m., 4-H building.
• Leight Fantastics musical review, 2 p.m., Courtyard Stage.
• Frisbee-throwing contest for all ages, 4:15 p.m., Judging Arena.
• Pro-West Rodeo, 7 p.m., Arena.
• Demolition Derby, followed by fireworks, 6 p.m., Evergreen Speedway.
Monday, Sept. 2
Labor Day/Play Day
• Discount admission for all; fair ends at 7 p.m.
• Free admission with fair ticket to drag races at Evergreen Speedway, all afternoon.
• Mini-horse show from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Covered Arena.
• Monroe Concert Band, 12:30 p.m., Courtyard Stage.
• Diaper Derby for babies who crawl, 2:45 p.m., Courtyard Stage.
• Dairy cow hand-milking finals for youth and adults, Judging Arena.
More Local News Headlines
Hollywood swoops in to pay ‘Barefoot Bandit’ restitution Everett infant lived just 6 weeks, but love carries her memory on Regional water supply back to normal, utilities say Literally, no room for a change on fire district's tax bills Developer wants to build multi-sport facility in south Everett Sale of Everett schools’ Colby building to YMCA finalized Firecrackers in stairwell prompt school lockdown in Mukilteo 5:46 p.m. Sultan High's Mr. Involved: 'I don't mind speaking up'
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.