So when my kids started squabbling like cats and dogs this past week, I decided to get creative. I made each kid their own stamp book to help us all identify and acknowledge positive sibling interactions, as opposed to negative ones.
Here’s how it works: When we catch somebody being an extra nice brother or sister, we give that person a stamp. Twenty stamps per day equals “a positive day.” After 10 positive days, the kids earn a fun outing with dad.
We’re not going to do this system forever; just until September. But boy, has it made a big difference already.
What about you? Are sibling squabbles and issue in your house? I’m open to all ideas and suggestions!
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- Blogs and social media are great ways to find your voice Aug. 16
- Dining with happy kids can be one frightful experience Aug. 9
- Breasts made for babies, so chill out Aug. 2
- School is right around the corner, so have fun while the sun shines July 26
- The Good Shoe-maritan: Teen was the hero while others sat by July 19
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.