So when my kids started squabbling like cats and dogs this past week, I decided to get creative. I made each kid their own stamp book to help us all identify and acknowledge positive sibling interactions, as opposed to negative ones.
Here’s how it works: When we catch somebody being an extra nice brother or sister, we give that person a stamp. Twenty stamps per day equals “a positive day.” After 10 positive days, the kids earn a fun outing with dad.
We’re not going to do this system forever; just until September. But boy, has it made a big difference already.
What about you? Are sibling squabbles and issue in your house? I’m open to all ideas and suggestions!
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- The Good Shoe-maritan: Teen was the hero while others sat by July 19
- When restrooms — and even life — don’t make sense July 12
- Emptying the kitchen — and our stomachs July 5
- Using a little magic to put my house in order June 28
- We've learned a lot from our TV dads over the years — which one best describes you? June 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.