Ex-Titan Bulluck charged with robbery
The driver was waiting outside a bar for a paid fare early Sunday when Bulluck approached him asking for a ride, police said in a statement. The driver said he declined and Bulluck grabbed him by his shirt, took a $100 bill and fled.
In a statement to The Tennessean, Bulluck described the incident as a "misunderstanding between me and the cab driver about getting my money back for a service not rendered."
"At 2 a.m., things could easily get lost in translation, but regardless of who was right or wrong, I regret putting myself in that situation," he said.
Bulluck retired from football in 2012 after playing 11 seasons in the NFL, 10 of them with the Titans.
Bulluck worked as an analyst for WKRN-TV Saturday night on the Falcons-Titans game.
He is scheduled to work for the Titans-Vikings preseason game on Thursday in Minneapolis. Station manager Stan Knott was quoted by The Tennessean as saying that a decision hasn't been made on whether to replace Bulluck.
Coach Mike Munchak said Sunday that hadn't heard much of the incident and declined to comment. Munchak was Tennessee's offensive line coach while Bulluck was a linebacker with the team.
"When he was here playing as a football player, he made good decisions," Munchak said. "I'll wait to hear the information as to what happened, but I am sure it will all get worked out and I am sure it is something he is very innocent in, I hope."
- Will Seahawks keep 2 or 3 quarterbacks? 8/26/14
- Seahawks’ middle linebacker Wagner returns to practice 8/26/14
- Redskins safety Meriweather suspended 2 games 8/25/14
- Buccaneers to meet with ex-Dolphin Incognito 8/25/14
- Raiders QB Schaub misses second practice with sore elbow 8/25/14
- Jets suspend CB Patterson 'indefinitely' 8/25/14
- Ex-Husky Coons battling for Titans' kicker job 8/25/14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.