Mariners recall Gutierrez, DFA Harang
To make room on their active roster, the Mariners have designated Aaron Harang for assignment, hardly a surprising move after another rough outing from Harang in Sunday's loss to the Angels.
Harang was 5-11 with a 5.76 ERA this season, and the Mariners have 10 days to trade, release or outright the contract of Harang to the minors.
Of course this means the Mariners need another starter before Harang's spot in the rotation comes around later this week. Options on the 40-man roster include the likes of Blake Beavan, Brandon Maurer and perhaps Hector Noesi, but the move that would make the biggest splash would be to call up Taijuan Walker from Tacoma. We'll see if the Mariners think Walker is ready, but the 21-year-old has been very impressive in the minors this season.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks-Patriots Wednesday injury report Jan. 28
- Seahawks CB Richard Sherman goes after Roger Goodell... again Jan. 28
- Seahawks CB and free-agent-to-be Byron Maxwell on being "the prettiest girl at the dance right now" Jan. 28
- Quotes from Seahawks coach Pete Carroll's Wednesday press conference. Jan. 28
- What Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch said Wednesday Jan. 28
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.