Seahawks make roster cuts; place DT Williams on IR
Williams was seen by many as a player with first-round talent, but he was available in the fifth round because of concern over a knee injury. And sure enough, that knee was an issue that limited Williams throughout camp, and will now keep him out for the season. Williams was a candidate to start at DT alongside Brandon Mebane when he was healthy early in camp.
The Seahawks released WR Perez Ashford, LB Kyle Knox, TE Jameson Konz, TE Andrei Lintz, LS Kyle Nelson, DT Martin Parker, and LB Craig Wilkins, and terminated the veteran contract of of WR Brett Swain (same result, just different language for a veteran).
The Seahawks aren't done yet, needing to make six more moves to get to 75.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Super Bowl arrival press conference Jan. 25
- Report: Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn to be named Falcons head coach on Feb. 2 Jan. 25
- Transcript of a very strange Bill Belichick press conference Jan. 24
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Friday press conference Jan. 23
- Seahawks GM John Schneider talks Marshawn Lynch, Percy Harvin trade, Russell Wilson and more Jan. 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.