Seahawks make roster cuts; place DT Williams on IR
Williams was seen by many as a player with first-round talent, but he was available in the fifth round because of concern over a knee injury. And sure enough, that knee was an issue that limited Williams throughout camp, and will now keep him out for the season. Williams was a candidate to start at DT alongside Brandon Mebane when he was healthy early in camp.
The Seahawks released WR Perez Ashford, LB Kyle Knox, TE Jameson Konz, TE Andrei Lintz, LS Kyle Nelson, DT Martin Parker, and LB Craig Wilkins, and terminated the veteran contract of of WR Brett Swain (same result, just different language for a veteran).
The Seahawks aren't done yet, needing to make six more moves to get to 75.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks add 12 undrafted free agents May 2
- Seahawks to sign ex-Green Beret Boyer, long snapper from Texas May 2
- Seahawks take OSU S Ryan Murphy with their final pick of the 2015 draft May 2
- Seahawks draft a defensive tackle to play guard… again May 2
- Seahawks take WR turned DE Obum Gwacham in sixth round May 2
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.