- "Senior Citizens Day" means free gate admission for those 62 and older.
- Draft horse and mule extravaganza with Warm Beach Vaulters equestrian acrobats, 5 p.m., Arena.
- Fried chicken contest, 6 p.m., Snohomish County Agriculture tent.
- On "Twosday Tuesday," general admission is $2 before 2 p.m.
- Water balloon contest, 1:15 p.m., animal judging arena.
- Texting contest, 3 and 6:30 p.m., prizes. Listen to fair PA announcer who will give number and sentence to text.
- "Family Day" means up to six family members will be admitted together for just $30.
- Bubble gum-blowing contest, 2:45 p.m., Courtyard Stage.
- Evergreen Idol singing contest winner opens for 3 Doors Down concert, 7 p.m., Grandstand.
- On "Kids Day," ages 15 and younger will be admitted free.
- Pie-eating contest, age categories, 2:45 p.m., Courtyard Stage.
- Sow and litter display, all day, swine arena.
- "Armed Forces Day" means first responders and military personnel will be admitted free with ID.
- Armed Forces Day ceremony, 2 p.m., Courtyard Stage.
- Opening night of the Pro-West Rodeo, 7 p.m., Arena.
Space: Learn about the size and scale of the universe, stars and other celestial bodies at Astronomy for Everyone on Thursday. An astrophysicist will use hands-on activities and visuals for the event, from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at the Lynnwood Library. Call 425-778-2148 for details.
Dance: Before you see and even ride planes at Vintage Aircraft Weekend, dress up in period costume and enjoy food, live music and swing-dance lessons at the event's Big Band Dinner and Dance on Friday. Tickets are limited. More information here.
Music: Here's what is happening locally this week.
- 7 p.m. – The Oak Ridge Boys, Evergreen State Fairgrounds, 14405 179th Ave. SE, Monroe. Tickets $22 to $32. More.
- Noon to 1 p.m. – Toy Box Trio, classical music with a carnival flair, Fifth Avenue S. and Maple Street, Edmonds. Free.
- 7:30 p.m – Brantley Gilbert, Evergreen State Fairgrounds, 14405 179th Ave. SE, Monroe. Tickets $32 to $55. More.
- 6 to 8 p.m. – Sly Mr. Y, rock from the '70s and '80s, The Forum in the Mill Creek Town Center, 15310 Main St. More.
- 7 p.m. – Swing: Shoreline Rocks, grand piano, Shoreline City Hall Courtyard, 17500 Midvale Ave. N. More.
- 7:30 p.m. – 3 Doors Down, Evergreen State Fairgrounds, 14405 179th Ave. SE, Monroe. Tickets $32 to $55. More.
- 5 to 6 p.m. – Alma y Azucar, diverse Latin standards, Fifth Avenue S. and Maple Street, Edmonds. Free.
- 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. – Carlos Cascante y su Tumbao, salsa and jazz, Port Gardner Landing, 1700 W. Marine View Drive, Everett. More.
- 7:30 p.m. – REO Speedwagon, Evergreen State Fairgrounds, 14405 179th Ave. SE, Monroe. Tickets $22 to $45. More.
- 6 p.m. – Dave Matthews Band, Gorge Amphitheatre, 754 Silica Road NW, George. Ticket prices vary. More.
- 7:30 p.m. – MercyMe, Evergreen State Fairgrounds, 14405 179th Ave. SE, Monroe. Tickets $25 to $37. More.
- "Wreck-it Ralph" Mukilteo Movies in the Park, 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, Rosehill Community Center, 304 Lincoln Ave.
- "The Princess Bride" PEMCO Movies at Magnuson Park, 7 p.m. Thursday, Warren G. Magnuson Park Athletic Fields, 7400 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle. Pre-movie seating $5.
More Entertainment Headlines
Wednesday’s highlights on TV Here’s a viewers’ guide for the ages Jay Leno’s vast car collection drives down costs in new show Monday’s highlights on TV Architects using shipping containers for cheaper, faster, more sustainable building ‘Northern Soul’ explores little-known music scene Getting satisfaction From Stones to solo album: Keith Richards making moves Fall streaming TV preview
Our to-do list full of ideas for your weekend
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.