The explosion was reported about 12:50 p.m., Monroe Assistant Fire Chief Steve Guptill said. It apparently started after a problem lighting a gas stove, he said.
Another employee was treated at the scene.
The injuries did not appear life-threatening.
The explosion occurred at the booth for a Monroe stove business, said Bronlea Mishler, a Snohomish County spokeswoman. The store owner's injuries appeared to have been caused by flying glass when the front of the stove blew out.
A woman working at the booth also was injured, Mishler said. No fair patrons were hurt.
"The aid staff who were at the fair responded almost immediately," Mishler said. "While this is something we don't want to see happen, we're very pleased with the response of everyone at the fair."
The Snohomish County Fire Marshal's Office is investigating.
More Local News Headlines
Rash of I-5 brush fires was likely arson, State Patrol says 4:20 p.m. The water has a bad taste but itís safe to drink, officials say Everett police sort it out: 4 argued, then 3 were shot Two-year, $38.2B state budget passes; shutdown averted Shell oil-drilling ship leaves Everett, bound for Arctic 3:40 p.m. Snohomish County sheriff: Help us solve young coupleís 1987 murders Granite Falls to hike vehicle license fees by $20 Proposed ferry fares on deck at Whidbey Island hearing
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.