The Herald of Everett, Washington
Customer service  |  Subscribe   |   Log in or sign up   |   Advertising information   |   Contact us
HeraldNet on Facebook HeraldNet on Twitter HeraldNet RSS feeds HeraldNet Pinterest HeraldNet Google Plus The Daily Herald on Linked In HeraldNet Youtube
HeraldNet Newsletters  Newsletters: Sign up  Green editions icon Green editions

Explosion at fair booth sends 1 to hospital

SHARE: facebook Twitter icon Linkedin icon Google+ icon Email icon |  PRINTER-FRIENDLY  |  COMMENTS
Herald staff
MONROE -- A small explosion at an Evergreen State Fair vendor booth selling fireplaces sent a business owner to the hospital Monday afternoon.
The explosion was reported about 12:50 p.m., Monroe Assistant Fire Chief Steve Guptill said. It apparently started after a problem lighting a gas stove, he said.
Another employee was treated at the scene.
The injuries did not appear life-threatening.
The explosion occurred at the booth for a Monroe stove business, said Bronlea Mishler, a Snohomish County spokeswoman. The store owner's injuries appeared to have been caused by flying glass when the front of the stove blew out.
A woman working at the booth also was injured, Mishler said. No fair patrons were hurt.
"The aid staff who were at the fair responded almost immediately," Mishler said. "While this is something we don't want to see happen, we're very pleased with the response of everyone at the fair."
The Snohomish County Fire Marshal's Office is investigating.
Story tags » MonroeFireSnohomish County government

More Local News Headlines


HeraldNet Headlines

Top stories and breaking news updates


Share your comments: Log in using your HeraldNet account or your Facebook, Twitter or Disqus profile. Comments that violate the rules are subject to removal. Please see our terms of use. Please note that you must verify your email address for your comments to appear.

You are logged in using your HeraldNet ID. Click here to update your profile. | Log out.

Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.