Here's a press release from the Forest Service:
Heavy construction will close Suiattle River Road (Forest Service road 26) 11.5 miles east of Highway 530 Sept. 6 through Oct. 10 to pedestrians, equestrians, bicyclists and vehicles on the Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest. After Oct. 10, the road will reopen to foot traffic, but remain closed to vehicles.
This closure blocks access to the Pacific Crest Trail from the Suiattle River Trail, Miners Ridge Trail to Image Lake and Downey Creek Trail. Check road and trail conditions or call Darrington Ranger District for more information at 360-436-1155.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Section of Pacific Crest Trail closed due to fire in Glacier Peak Wilderness July 24
- Best shots: Some of my favorite recent outdoor photos July 21
- Photographers catch baby orca 'leaping for joy' July 20
- Student learn leadership, love of nature on trips in North Cascades July 19
- Upcoming outdoor events July 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.