Here's a press release from the Forest Service:
Heavy construction will close Suiattle River Road (Forest Service road 26) 11.5 miles east of Highway 530 Sept. 6 through Oct. 10 to pedestrians, equestrians, bicyclists and vehicles on the Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest. After Oct. 10, the road will reopen to foot traffic, but remain closed to vehicles.
This closure blocks access to the Pacific Crest Trail from the Suiattle River Trail, Miners Ridge Trail to Image Lake and Downey Creek Trail. Check road and trail conditions or call Darrington Ranger District for more information at 360-436-1155.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- 9 days of wilderness and backpacking on the PCT Sep. 27
- Trip on the PCT is life changing for creator of popular podcast Sep. 27
- Youth volunteers spend two weeks working on PCT Sep. 27
- State parks, national parks, forest service sites will be free on Saturday Sep. 23
- Dance, dine and help underserved kids get outside Sep. 17
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.