Walker, 21, has made 25 starts this season in AA Jackson and AAA Tacoma. At those two levels, Walker went 9-10 with a 2.93 ERA and averaged 10.19 strikeouts per 9 innings pitched.
At 21 years, 17 days, Walker will be the fifth youngest player in Mariners history to debut as a starting pitcher (the youngest was some 19-year-old named Felix). If the Mariners don't change the rotation, Walker would be scheduled to make his home debut on Sept. 9 against Houston.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Fred Jackson and more: notes from Pete Carroll's press conference Sep. 1
- Seahawks reportedly in talks with RB Fred Jackson Sep. 1
- Jeanpierre cut, Norwood traded as Seahawks get down to 75 (updated) Aug. 31
- Reader poll: whither Kam Chancellor? Aug. 31
- Russell Wilson's agent talks contract negotiations on 710 ESPN Seattle May 28
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.