On Monday, the Snohomish County Helicopter Rescue Team and Everett Mountain Rescue rescued two hikers and a dog in the Trout Creek area near Skykomish.
This video shows the crew lifting up the dog in a specialized dog harness. The dog was, logically, muzzled so it didn't bite the rescuers. Wise move. I can't imagine any dog would like being lifted through the air like that.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Section of Pacific Crest Trail closed due to fire in Glacier Peak Wilderness July 24
- Best shots: Some of my favorite recent outdoor photos July 21
- Photographers catch baby orca 'leaping for joy' July 20
- Student learn leadership, love of nature on trips in North Cascades July 19
- Upcoming outdoor events July 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.