On Monday, the Snohomish County Helicopter Rescue Team and Everett Mountain Rescue rescued two hikers and a dog in the Trout Creek area near Skykomish.
This video shows the crew lifting up the dog in a specialized dog harness. The dog was, logically, muzzled so it didn't bite the rescuers. Wise move. I can't imagine any dog would like being lifted through the air like that.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Mount Dickerman and six other trails to hike right now Oct. 4
- For Bothell backpacker, Pacific Crest Trail is a multi-year adventure Sep. 28
- 9 days of wilderness and backpacking on the PCT Sep. 27
- Trip on the PCT is life changing for creator of popular podcast Sep. 27
- Youth volunteers spend two weeks working on PCT Sep. 27
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.