Labor Day info: Here are some scheduled closures and changes for the holiday:
- Government: Federal, state and local offices are closed.
- Schools: Closed.
- Post offices: Closed, although Express Mail service continues in metropolitan areas.
- Commerce: Many businesses and most banks are closed. Everett and Alderwood malls are open.
- Transportation: Community Transit is not operating and Everett Transit is on a Sunday schedule. For state ferry information, click here or call 888-808-7977.
- The Herald: The delivery deadline is 7:30 a.m. Classified advertising and the front lobby are closed. Customer service for home delivery is open from 7:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- All Rubatino Refuse Removal trucks will be on their regular garbage and recycling schedules on Labor Day and throughout the week. The office, however, will be closed on Monday.
Bumbershoot: The annual musical festival in Seattle continues through Monday. Check out the details in our story here.
The Fair: The last day of the Evergreen State Fair is Monday. The fair is open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. For a full schedule of events, click here.
Live music: Sets in the West is 5 to 7 p.m. on Wednesday at the Wetmore Theater Plaza in Everett. Mt. St. Helens Vietnam Band and Learning Team will play.
Read and Rock: Snohomish Library, 311 Maple Ave., holds a special storytime concert at 10 a.m. Wednesday with musician Nancy Stewart, who will sing interactive songs that promote reading skills. More info: 360-568-2898.
Concert: Local indie musician Annemarie Russell hosts a free concert 7-9 p.m. Thursday to benefit Housing Hope, an Everett-based nonprofit that provides affordable housing and services in Snohomish County. The concert will be at Port Gardner Bay Winery, 2802 Rockefeller Ave., Everett.
Football: The high school football season kicks off on Friday. Click here to get stories and schedules.
Lighthouse: The Mukilteo Lighthouse Festival begins at 3 p.m. on Friday. You'll find art, food and entertainment. Check here for a complete schedule.
Bird Fest: The Puget Sound Bird Fest kicks off on Friday. Author Thor Hanson will give the keynote speech at 7 p.m. Friday at the Edmonds Library, 650 Main St. More info here.
Outdoor movies: "Free Willy" will be shown at 7:45 p.m. Friday at Movies under the stars at Swedish/Edmonds Hospital, 21601 76th Ave. W., Edmonds. The show is free, and there will also be free popcorn and lemonade. Show up early to get a seat, otherwise bring a blanket for the grassy area.
More Entertainment Headlines
The Anchor in Everett transforms into classy music venue At least 1 person watched ‘Weird Loners’ CBS shuts down ‘Under the Dome’ Pandora to mark 10 years with ad-free day Thursday’s highlights on TV New pals Lawrence and Schumer writing a comedy together David Oyelowo talks Emmys after Oscar snub Today in history
Our to-do list full of ideas for your weekend
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.