Labor Day info: Here are some scheduled closures and changes for the holiday:
- Government: Federal, state and local offices are closed.
- Schools: Closed.
- Post offices: Closed, although Express Mail service continues in metropolitan areas.
- Commerce: Many businesses and most banks are closed. Everett and Alderwood malls are open.
- Transportation: Community Transit is not operating and Everett Transit is on a Sunday schedule. For state ferry information, click here or call 888-808-7977.
- The Herald: The delivery deadline is 7:30 a.m. Classified advertising and the front lobby are closed. Customer service for home delivery is open from 7:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- All Rubatino Refuse Removal trucks will be on their regular garbage and recycling schedules on Labor Day and throughout the week. The office, however, will be closed on Monday.
Bumbershoot: The annual musical festival in Seattle continues through Monday. Check out the details in our story here.
The Fair: The last day of the Evergreen State Fair is Monday. The fair is open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. For a full schedule of events, click here.
Live music: Sets in the West is 5 to 7 p.m. on Wednesday at the Wetmore Theater Plaza in Everett. Mt. St. Helens Vietnam Band and Learning Team will play.
Read and Rock: Snohomish Library, 311 Maple Ave., holds a special storytime concert at 10 a.m. Wednesday with musician Nancy Stewart, who will sing interactive songs that promote reading skills. More info: 360-568-2898.
Concert: Local indie musician Annemarie Russell hosts a free concert 7-9 p.m. Thursday to benefit Housing Hope, an Everett-based nonprofit that provides affordable housing and services in Snohomish County. The concert will be at Port Gardner Bay Winery, 2802 Rockefeller Ave., Everett.
Football: The high school football season kicks off on Friday. Click here to get stories and schedules.
Lighthouse: The Mukilteo Lighthouse Festival begins at 3 p.m. on Friday. You'll find art, food and entertainment. Check here for a complete schedule.
Bird Fest: The Puget Sound Bird Fest kicks off on Friday. Author Thor Hanson will give the keynote speech at 7 p.m. Friday at the Edmonds Library, 650 Main St. More info here.
Outdoor movies: "Free Willy" will be shown at 7:45 p.m. Friday at Movies under the stars at Swedish/Edmonds Hospital, 21601 76th Ave. W., Edmonds. The show is free, and there will also be free popcorn and lemonade. Show up early to get a seat, otherwise bring a blanket for the grassy area.
More Entertainment Headlines
Stars at American Music Awards have Paris on their minds Upcoming author events in Snohomish County and nearby 1D wins big at AMAs; Dion pays tribute to Paris victims ‘Bond by Design’ highlights visuals behind 007 films Julia Roberts turns in best performance of her long career in ‘Secret In Their Eyes’ Album review: Kurt Cobain’s awful aftermath is a mess This week’s best-sellers from Publishers Weekly Capsule reviews of the next week’s video releases, on DVD and Blu-ray
Our to-do list full of ideas for your weekend
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.