New Bickford overpass to open after road closures
Eastbound U.S. 2 is scheduled to close for seven hours beginning Thursday night. Access between U.S. 2 and Bickford Avenue is planned to be closed for 10 days beginning Friday.
Eastbound U.S. between Highway 204 and Highway 9
will be closed from 10 p.m. Thursday to 5 a.m. Friday.
A signed detour will take drivers along 20th Street NE and Highway 9.
Bickford Avenue will close in both directions between U.S. 2 and 83rd Avenue SE at 10 p.m. Friday. The temporary right-turn lane from eastbound U.S. 2 to Bickford Avenue will close at 8 p.m. Drivers also will not be able to turn from Bickford Avenue onto U.S. 2.
The 10-day closure of Bickford Avenue is needed to connect the eastbound ramps and Bickford to the new overpass, according to the state.
Bickford is scheduled to reopen in the new configuration at 5 a.m. Sept. 16.
For more information visit http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/projects/us2/bickfordsafety/.
Most recent Street Smarts posts
- Bickford Avenue overpass to be closed Thursday night May 14
- Expect delays on Highway 9 bridge over Snohomish River May 2
- Construction work on 44th Avenue in Lynnwood starts Monday April 30
- Lane closure to affect Lynnwood-area street April 30
- Lane closures planned on 113th Drive in Lake Stevens April 29
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.