Jets release Quinn, may re-sign QB next week
The move Saturday had been expected because coach Rex Ryan prefers to not have three quarterbacks active for games — and it prevents Quinn's salary from being guaranteed. Salaries for NFL veterans become guaranteed at 4 p.m. EDT Saturday.
Quinn was signed by the Jets on Monday to provide a veteran presence at the position with Mark Sanchez sidelined with a shoulder injury. It's very likely the Jets will re-sign Quinn early next week.
Linebacker Danny Lansanah, who had an outstanding training camp, was promoted from the practice squad. He last played in a regular-season NFL game in 2009.
- Practicing against Seahawks’ defense helped rookie Britt 9/8/14
- Bryant, Ryan lead Falcons to 34-31 win over Saints in overtime 9/7/14
- Patterson leads Vikings to 34-6 win over Rams 9/7/14
- 41-yard FG as time expires lifts Steelers to 30-27 win over Browns 9/7/14
- Down 17-0, Eagles rally to beat Jaguars 34-17 9/7/14
- Ivory's 71-yard TD run helps Jets beat Raiders 19-14 9/7/14
- 77-yard TD pass to Green lifts Bengals to 23-16 win over Ravens 9/7/14
- Bills stun Bears, beat Chicago 23-20 in overtime 9/7/14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.