Wednesday Seahawks links
In today's Herald, we look at the play of Seattle's defense, and most notably the Seahawks ability to limit big plays.
The National Football Post reports that the Seahawks worked out several players, including former Husky Isaiah Stanback, who also briefly spent time with the Seahawks early in his career. It should be noted, however, that these tryouts don't always indicate a move is coming. Teams regularly work out available free agents not necessarily because they want to sign somebody, but because they want to have information on players for later in the season if somebody is injured.
As for this weekend's game, Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times writes that, if you don't have a ticket already, you'd better be ready to spend big if you want to go.
Eric Williams of the Tacoma News Tribune says both coaches are trying to downplay the rivalry.
Danny O'Neil of 710 ESPN Seattle makes his weekly attempt at translating Pete Carroll, which is always pretty funny.
Jon Wilner of the San Jose Mercury News has a nice feature on Richard Sherman, while the San Francisco Chronicle looks at how the stakes were raised in the rivalry last year.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Super Bowl arrival press conference Jan. 25
- Report: Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn to be named Falcons head coach on Feb. 2 Jan. 25
- Transcript of a very strange Bill Belichick press conference Jan. 24
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Friday press conference Jan. 23
- Seahawks GM John Schneider talks Marshawn Lynch, Percy Harvin trade, Russell Wilson and more Jan. 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.