TV station explains why it's airing Jaguars' game
WKMG TV issued the scrolled message on Sunday. It read that NFL policy states the station must carry all Jags away game. At the end the message said: "We apologize for any inconvenience."
Viewers then took to twitter to remark on what many saw as an apology from the station.
But WKMG Vice President and General Manager Skip Valet says the arrangement is nothing new. He says for nearly two decades Orlando has been designated the secondary Jaguars market and has carried all the away games. As he put it: "I know it's frustrating, but as a CBS station in this market you have to carry the away games."
Jaguars scored an NFL-low two points last week and are coming off the worst season in franchise history. They have missed the playoffs 11 of the last 13 years.
- Jones catches 11 for 182 yards, Falcons top Rams 9/15/13
- Manuel's TD pass lifts Bills to 24-23 win over Panthers 9/15/13
- Cutler's TD pass lifts Bears to 31-30 win over Vikings 9/15/13
- Rodgers throws for 480 and 4 TDs as Packers beat 'Skins 9/15/13
- Dolphins stop Colts' comeback, hold on for 24-20 win 9/15/13
- Chiefs start 2-0 after beating Cowboys 17-16 9/15/13
- Rivers throws 3 TD passes, Chargers top Eagles 33-30 9/15/13
- Defense leads Ravens to 14-6 win over Browns 9/15/13
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.