The Town Council has tabled a proposal that would have levied fines as high as $100 on the owners of loud roosters.
The Morning Sentinel reports that a dozen residents of the town of about 6,200 showed up at the council meeting to oppose the ordinance.
Ethan Pullen says some people like to breed chickens to show at agricultural fairs, and to breed chickens, you need a rooster.
Town Manager Peter Nielsen said the proposal was sparked mostly by the concerns of one resident, who complained about a neighbor's four loud roosters. The neighbor has since given three roosters away, which Nielsen says appears to have solved the problem.
Most recent Off the Wire posts
- Police wait as suspect returns to burglary scene for lost keys, cellphone Sep. 15
- Muppet personal ads found on Ashley Madison Aug. 21
- Mayor seeks ban on personal flamethrowers Aug. 19
- Idaho replaces mile marker 420 with 419.9 to thwart stoners Aug. 18
- Guinness: 26-year-old cat in Oregon is world’s oldest alive Aug. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.