Report: Russell Okung to go on short-term injured reserve
Seahawks LT Russell Okung gets encouraging news from foot specialist Dr. Robert Anderson on toe. Likely headed to IR w return designation.That designation means that Okung can return to practice within six weeks, and is eligible to re-join the active roster in eight. That means, assuming the Seahawks make the move before the weekend, Okung could return as soon as the Nov. 17 game against Minnesota.
— Chris Mortensen (@mortreport) September 20, 2013
Teams are only allowed to use the short-term designation once, and any other player who goes on IR is out for the season.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Report: Seahawks DE Michael Bennett seeking trade March 17
- Jimmy Graham-Max Unger trade finalized, Seahawks owner announces March 16
- Former Seahawks S Jeron Johnson signs with Washington, while DT Jesse Williams reportedly will re-sign (or not) March 16
- Sounders extend lease at CenturyLink Field through 2028 March 16
- Highlights from Pete Carroll's interview on Sports Radio 950 KJR March 13
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.