Seahawks LT Russell Okung gets encouraging news from foot specialist Dr. Robert Anderson on toe. Likely headed to IR w return designation.That designation means that Okung can return to practice within six weeks, and is eligible to re-join the active roster in eight. That means, assuming the Seahawks make the move before the weekend, Okung could return as soon as the Nov. 17 game against Minnesota.
— Chris Mortensen (@mortreport) September 20, 2013
Teams are only allowed to use the short-term designation once, and any other player who goes on IR is out for the season.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks sign draft picks Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett May 26
- Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson contract talks May 26
- Notes from Seahawks’ first OTA of the offseason May 26
- Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril to miss Seahawks’ first OTA May 26
- Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham shares his inspirational story May 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.