Bleeding from bullet mistaken for period
Sgt. Mark Ormsby says when the girl woke up in pain, she thought she had started her period. Her parents found no indication she had been shot when they took her to the bathroom.
Ormsby said when she woke up for school and was still in pain, her parents inspected her bed and saw bullet holes.
The girl's doctor told investigators the bullet's entry wound was small and could have been easily overlooked if the family thought she was menstruating.
Most recent Off the Wire posts
- Amateur rocketeers cheer as porta-potty takes to sky Dec. 7
- Baby weighing nearly 14 pounds born in Colorado Dec. 5
- Explosive episode: WWII grenade was embedded in Austria firewood Dec. 1
- MIT engineers have high hopes for cheetah robot Nov. 30
- Snow bird? Lost hummer gets lift from Minnesota to Texas Nov. 24
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.