On Monday, the Seahawks announced that they have indeed signed the rookie off of the Cleveland Browns' practice squad.
Hauptmann, who is listed at 6-3, 300 pounds, played at Florida International, starting 37 games at left tackle. He was signed by Cleveland in April after going undrafted.
Okung is eligible to return for Seattle's Nov. 17 game against Minnesota.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Fred Jackson and more: notes from Pete Carroll's press conference Sep. 1
- Seahawks reportedly in talks with RB Fred Jackson Sep. 1
- Jeanpierre cut, Norwood traded as Seahawks get down to 75 (updated) Aug. 31
- Reader poll: whither Kam Chancellor? Aug. 31
- Russell Wilson's agent talks contract negotiations on 710 ESPN Seattle May 28
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.