Monday Seahawks links
Rich Myhre has our game story, and also wrote a sidebar looking at Chris Clemons' return to the field. Todd Fredrickson looks at the improvement of Russell Wilson and the passing game, and we also have a notebook leading off with Tarvaris Jackson's big game in mop-up duty.
Danny O'Neil of 710 ESPN Seattle looks at the big day had by Zach Miller and Sidney Rice, both of whom were big-money additions in 2011.
Plenty of good local coverage from the Tacoma News Tribune here, and the Seattle Times here.
At NFL.com Chris Wesseling says the Seahawks' depth was on display, and also looks at things we learned from the game.
Peter King has the Seahawks No. 2 in his weekly "Fine 15" in his Monday Morning Quarterback column, while Mike Silver of NFL.com puts the Seahawks atop his rankings.
Also at TheMMQB.com, a look at the danger of low blocks on defensive linemen. The story starts off looking at the play from Seattle's Week 2 win over San Francisco that resulted in a broken ankle for 49ers DT Ian Williams, who was injured on a low block by J.R. Sweezy. It's a play that the league currently views as legal, but the article questions if low blocks like that need to be outlawed.
Terry Blount of ESPN.com looks at the early two-game lead the Seahawks have on the rest of the division.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seven Seahawks ruled out for Sunday’s game, but none traded Oct. 24
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on Marysville-Pilchuck shooting: 'Our hearts are out to everybody involved' Oct. 24
- Seahawks’ special teams coordinator Brian Schneider calls Sunday’s loss, ‘a perfect storm’ Oct. 23
- Michael Bennett and Bryan Walters added to Seahawks' Thursday injury report Oct. 23
- Seahawks getting huge ratings numbers in 2014 Oct. 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.