The bridge is scheduled to be closed nights this week and around the clock next weekend. The bridge also was closed last weekend.
The bridge is scheduled to be closed from 8 p.m. to 4 a.m. tonight, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights. The weekend closure is planned for 8 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
Southbound drivers will be detoured to I-5 in Marysville.
Crews are replacing four steel axles, wheels and dozens of counterweight cables on the southbound lift span. The lift mechanisms are showing signs of wear and fatigue after 60 years of raising and lowering 250 tons of counterweight with each drawspan opening.
For more information on the $1.71 million project, visit http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/projects/sr529/snohomishbridgerepair/.
Most recent Street Smarts posts
- Sailing on a ferry for Labor Day? Expect lots of company Sep. 4
- OK to run fog lights with no fog — but they better be legal Sep. 2
- Letting in cars is courteous, but not required Sep. 1
- Detour alert: Full road closures in Snohomish County Aug. 31
- Back-to-school rules for following school buses Aug. 30
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.