The bridge is scheduled to be closed nights this week and around the clock next weekend. The bridge also was closed last weekend.
The bridge is scheduled to be closed from 8 p.m. to 4 a.m. tonight, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights. The weekend closure is planned for 8 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
Southbound drivers will be detoured to I-5 in Marysville.
Crews are replacing four steel axles, wheels and dozens of counterweight cables on the southbound lift span. The lift mechanisms are showing signs of wear and fatigue after 60 years of raising and lowering 250 tons of counterweight with each drawspan opening.
For more information on the $1.71 million project, visit http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/projects/sr529/snohomishbridgerepair/.
Most recent Street Smarts posts
- State to wait and see on I-405 toll lanes at difficult Highway 522 merge Oct. 8
- Free right turn exacerbates Mukilteo ferry backups Oct. 7
- A mostly smooth transition to express-lane tolling on I-405 Oct. 6
- Students get ready for Walk to School Day Oct. 5
- 20 mph or not? School zone rules, explained Oct. 5
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.