Bickford Avenue will be closed between 83rd Avenue SE and U.S. 2 from 7 p.m. Tuesday to 5 a.m. Wednesday, and the same times overnight from Thursday to Friday.
The new overpass and all other ramps are planned for closure both nights. Drivers may use Highway 9 for a detour.
A contractor crew plans to put down the final layer of asphalt on all the ramps at the interchange during the closures. Temporary lane markings will be applied. Permanent lane stripes are scheduled to be painted in two or three weeks.
The bulk of the $22.4 million overpass project was recently completed. For more information visit the state’s project page at http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/projects/us2/bickfordsafety/.
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your city of residence.
Bill Sheets: 425-339-3439; email@example.com.
Most recent Street Smarts posts
- When letting other cars into your lane, focus is on safety Nov. 4
- Community Transit lost and found racks up the unusual Nov. 3
- I-405 evening commute around Bothell is worse after tolling Nov. 1
- Roundabout work continues at new Smokey Point intersection Oct. 30
- County to take fresh look at placing signal at OK Mill Road Oct. 29
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.