Hike & Seek is a mile or two hike around Seward Park, 5895 Lake Washington Blvd., in Seattle. Around the walk, you'll find "stop and study" stations with activities such as nature crafts and wildlife displays.
The trail is flat and suitable for strollers.
Each child will get a map and mission guidebook and will receive an honorary junior naturalist badge at the end.
REI will also be at the event with its PEAK maze, an interactive program where kids learn about the seven leave-no-trace principles. Kids must answer questions correctly to find their way through the maze.
The event is part of the National Wildlife Federation's Be Out There movement, an effort to get families to spend more time outdoors.
Get more information and register here. Cost is $12 for adults and $7 for kids ages 3-17 in advance. Day of registration is $15 and $9. The event begins at noon, and you must arrive between noon and 1 p.m. The whole event will last three to four hours.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Mount Dickerman and six other trails to hike right now Oct. 4
- For Bothell backpacker, Pacific Crest Trail is a multi-year adventure Sep. 28
- 9 days of wilderness and backpacking on the PCT Sep. 27
- Trip on the PCT is life changing for creator of popular podcast Sep. 27
- Youth volunteers spend two weeks working on PCT Sep. 27
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.