A closure previously planned for Thursday night remains in effect.
The closure is needed for final paving and temporary lane marking, according to the state Department of Transportation. The work is weather-dependent.
Bickford Avenue is scheduled be closed between 83rd Avenue SE and U.S. 2 from 7 p.m. Wednesday to 5 a.m. Wednesday, and the same times overnight from Thursday to Friday.
The new overpass and all other ramps are planned for closure both nights. Drivers may use Highway 9 for a detour.
A contractor crew plans to put down the final layer of asphalt on all the ramps at the interchange during the closures. Temporary lane markings will be applied. Permanent lane stripes are scheduled to be painted in two or three weeks.
The bulk of the $22.4 million overpass project was recently completed. For more information visit the state’s project page at http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/projects/us2/bickfordsafety/.
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your city of residence.
Bill Sheets: 425-339-3439; email@example.com.
Most recent Street Smarts posts
- How-to deal with collisions in the I-405 toll lanes Oct. 10
- How one man maximized Good To Go for I-405 toll lanes Oct. 9
- State to wait and see on I-405 toll lanes at difficult merge (updated) Oct. 8
- Road near Lake Serene to close for two days Oct. 8
- Free right turn exacerbates Mukilteo ferry backups Oct. 7
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.