Bear obeys bartender's command, leaves Juneau bar
A black bear walked into the bar at the Alaskan Hotel in downtown Juneau on Monday night.
Bartender Ariel Svetlik-McCarthy says she freaked out and yelled, "No bear! Get out! No! You can't be in here!"
The bear complied, leaving the bar within seconds.
State biologist Ryan Scott said it's rare for black bears to go inside Juneau businesses, but they have wandered inside homes before.
He told KTOO-FM the staff did a great job, and it was good news the bear left.
State wildlife officials have killed two nuisance bears in Juneau this summer.
Most recent Off the Wire posts
- Amateur rocketeers cheer as porta-potty takes to sky Dec. 7
- Baby weighing nearly 14 pounds born in Colorado Dec. 5
- Explosive episode: WWII grenade was embedded in Austria firewood Dec. 1
- MIT engineers have high hopes for cheetah robot Nov. 30
- Snow bird? Lost hummer gets lift from Minnesota to Texas Nov. 24
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.