If you'd like to get outside, it's a good day to do it for free. State parks will be free, no Discover Pass will be needed. National parks will also be free.
Also that day, the Washington Trails Association has trail work parties planned all around the state. Click here to find one. The closest for us is at Wallace Falls State Park.
Other events are planned around the state. Click here to see if there's something that suits you.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Q&A: How photographer created stunning image of the Enchantments Oct. 7
- How to help rescuers see you if you're lost at night Oct. 5
- Mount Dickerman and six other trails to hike right now Oct. 4
- For Bothell backpacker, Pacific Crest Trail is a multi-year adventure Sep. 28
- 9 days of wilderness and backpacking on the PCT Sep. 27
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.