Monday Seahawks links
I offered my thoughts after the game on the blog. For the rest of our coverage, lots of good stuff from our friends at the News Tribune, including a column on the team showing its character, a notebook leading with how film study led to the game’s biggest play, a look at the Seahawks winning despite a depleted O-line, and an encouraging update on Michael Bennett, who suffered a scary-looking injury.
Lots of good coverage over at the Seattle Times.
Danny O'Neil of 710 ESPN Seattle says the Seahawks showed their resolve.
Peter King’s weekly Monday Morning Quarterback column, which is always worth a read, has several Seahawks mentions in its look around the league. One interesting thing of note, the column includes a quarter-way All-Pro team, which includes cornerback Richard Sherman (no surprise) but also cornerback Jeremy Lane as a special teams player. It may be easy miss Lane’s impact on special teams, but he has been very good, particularly in punt coverage. King also catches up with Sherman about his big interception, ranks the Seahawks second behind Denver, and names K Steven Hauschka one of is two special teams players of the week.
The folks at NFL.com look at every game, and say the Seahawks pass protection could be an issue going forward. They also note that the Texans played 40 perfect minutes, then 32 pretty awful ones.
CBSSports.com offers its grades for every team Sunday, giving the Seahawks at C+, saying the Seahawks didn’t look like world beaters, but in the end that didn’t matter.
For a view from the other side, check out the Houston Chronicle’s coverage here.
Or, if you want a quick synopsis of how people are feeling about that game in Houston, here’s J.J. Watt:
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Katy Perry texts with Russell Wilson, imitates Marshawn Lynch, likes the Seahawks Sunday Jan. 29
- Pete Carroll on New England's use of unusual formations: 'it's on us to see it' Jan. 29
- Richard Sherman hoping his unborn son is a “disciplined young man” until after Super Bowl Jan. 29
- Pete Carroll admits 'it's going to be a big challenge' sustaining success after Russell Wilson gets paid Jan. 29
- Marshawn Lynch speaks up to ask media 'what are y'all here for?' Jan. 29
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.