Veteran Republican adviser rejoins House GOP caucus
Strow – who many may know better by her maiden name, Mary Lane -- started today as a public information officer for the House Republican Caucus.
She worked in the same gig several years ago before striding into the statewide spotlight as spokeswoman and adviser to Dino Rossi during his memorable run for governor in 2004.
That campaign cemented Strow's position as one of the most respected voices of Washington's GOP.
A couple years later she stepped out of the bright lights and married former state representative Chris Strow of Whidbey Island. And she became a full-time mom, well almost full-time.
She worked for Rossi on his campaigns in 2008 for governor and 2010 for U.S. Senate and even put in a little time for the Seattle Republican Association in 2011.
Today she, her husband and their children live in Olympia and she'll be getting the word out for several lawmakers, including one of her old neighbors, Rep. Norma Smith, R-Clinton.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- Two Republicans emerge to challenge DelBene Feb. 27
- Inslee, Dorn drafting fix to retain federal school waiver Feb. 25
- Democrats offer tax plan to boost school funding Feb. 25
- Inslee, Secretary Duncan to discuss federal waiver for schools Feb. 20
- Inslee will form task force to boost outdoor recreation industry Feb. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.