Find out where fall colors are best right now
Ahhh, and what a glorious summer we had.
Now, though, it is clearly fall. And now that it's here, I'm reminded of the charms of autumn. Not the least of which are the lovely colors.
I just wrote about six hikes that are great for fall. If you can find a day that's not too wet, you'll be rewarded with bright colors, solitude and very few (if any) bugs.
If you want more fall color, here are a few links to get you pointed in the right direction.
- Plan a road trip to catch the best fall colors
- Forest Service map of where fall colors are peaking
- Fodor's 10 best national parks for falls colors. Includes Mount Rainier and Olympics.
- 5 fall hikes for families in the greater Seattle area (plus 3 urban hikes)
- Check WTA's list for hikes that feature fall color
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Help us pick the best winter photos March 13
- Local climber invites others to join trek to Kilimanjaro for charity March 13
- State will begin clearing Highway 20 on March 31 March 12
- Video: Exploring Jetty Island and ship graveyard on standup paddleboard March 12
- Show us your best shots for winter photo contest March 12
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.