On a conference call with Seattle-area reporters Wednesday, Luck described Sherman by saying, "I remember Richard being obviously a vociferous guy, loud."
Sherman heard that description, and admitted it fit him well, then a day later he felt the need to show off his Stanford education as well.
"That’s my guy, that’s my guy," Sherman said. "He’s an incredibly perspicacious guy. He’s incredibly intelligent at the line of scrimmage, he uses great verbiage, he recognizes defenses quickly, he’s probably one of the most intelligent quarterbacks out there in the way he reads coverages and the way he reads the games."
Yes that's right, perspicacious. And yes, I had to look that up.
vo·cif·er·ous adjective \vō-ˈsi-f(ə-)rəs\
: expressing feelings or opinions in a very loud or forceful way : expressed in a very loud or forceful way
per·spi·ca·cious adjective \ˌpər-spə-ˈkā-shəs\
: having or showing an ability to notice and understand things that are difficult or not obvious
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks vs. 49ers lineup notes, Marshawn Lynch inactive Nov. 22
- Seahawks vs. 49ers injury report, Lynch questionable again Nov. 20
- Earl Thomas, Kris Richard on effort and chemistry Nov. 19
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson speaks about distractions Nov. 19
- Earl Thomas talks about struggles, foundation work with ADHD Nov. 19
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.