On a conference call with Seattle-area reporters Wednesday, Luck described Sherman by saying, "I remember Richard being obviously a vociferous guy, loud."
Sherman heard that description, and admitted it fit him well, then a day later he felt the need to show off his Stanford education as well.
"That’s my guy, that’s my guy," Sherman said. "He’s an incredibly perspicacious guy. He’s incredibly intelligent at the line of scrimmage, he uses great verbiage, he recognizes defenses quickly, he’s probably one of the most intelligent quarterbacks out there in the way he reads coverages and the way he reads the games."
Yes that's right, perspicacious. And yes, I had to look that up.
vo·cif·er·ous adjective \vō-ˈsi-f(ə-)rəs\
: expressing feelings or opinions in a very loud or forceful way : expressed in a very loud or forceful way
per·spi·ca·cious adjective \ˌpər-spə-ˈkā-shəs\
: having or showing an ability to notice and understand things that are difficult or not obvious
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Fred Jackson and more: notes from Pete Carroll's press conference Sep. 1
- Seahawks reportedly in talks with RB Fred Jackson Sep. 1
- Jeanpierre cut, Norwood traded as Seahawks get down to 75 (updated) Aug. 31
- Reader poll: whither Kam Chancellor? Aug. 31
- Russell Wilson's agent talks contract negotiations on 710 ESPN Seattle May 28
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.