WTA just shared a list of really useful safety tips for fall hiking.
The WTA tips are a timely reminder. If you're heading out, please read them. Some hikers have been stranded or lost lately, and you don't want to get stuck in that situation -- especially if you're unprepared.
I'm going to do an audit of my backpack before heading out. A few cold-weather items have probably wandered off during the lovely summer.
If you'd like more info on staying safe in the outdoors, check out a search and rescue event on Sunday.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Section of Pacific Crest Trail closed due to fire in Glacier Peak Wilderness July 24
- Best shots: Some of my favorite recent outdoor photos July 21
- Photographers catch baby orca 'leaping for joy' July 20
- Student learn leadership, love of nature on trips in North Cascades July 19
- Upcoming outdoor events July 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.