Mini frittatas easy to make for ideal breakfast
Get creative and have fun!
To make the mini frittatas:
For the filling ingredients choose anything that might go into an omelet or quiche. You'll need 3 - 4 cups of filling mixture for 1 dozen mini frittatas.
- Prepare your ingredients by cooking (as needed) and dicing the filling ingredients into small confetti sized bits.
- Mix your cooked and/or diced bits together in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Generously spray muffin pans with non-stick spray (they really want to stick to the pan).
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cups filling them about 2/3 full.
- Whisk together 6 whole eggs with 1/2 cup of low fat milk (per dozen frittatas). Carefully pour or ladle the egg mixture into each muffin cup filling them just about to the top.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes. They will puff up while cooking and then collapse again as they cool. Let them cool a bit and then use a spoon to remove them from the pan. Serve warm.
Most recent Light for Life posts
- On Veterans Day, thoughts turn to sacrifices made on hallowed ground Nov. 11
- Clean out the fridge with this cauliflower 'fried rice' Nov. 5
- Enjoy Halloween magic a bit longer with pumpkin muffins Oct. 31
- Squash just as pleasing as pumpkins this time of year Oct. 22
- Remembering great-grandmother's not-so-wholesome culinary life Oct. 8
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.