The good news is that skiers and snowboarders will get their first chance to play on the mountain Saturday. From 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., a preseason rail park will be open at the top of the Hogsback Express Chairlift, where there's 2 feet of snow. The features and terrain are tailored to intermediate to advanced skills levels.
There will be giveaways from Capita snowboards, Union Bindings and COAL Headwear.
Lift tickets are $12, free if you have a bike park pass or 2013-14 season pass for the mountain. The snow is thin down low, so you'll have to take the chair for the trip back down. More info is here.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- 9 days of wilderness and backpacking on the PCT Sep. 27
- Trip on the PCT is life changing for creator of popular podcast Sep. 27
- Youth volunteers spend two weeks working on PCT Sep. 27
- State parks, national parks, forest service sites will be free on Saturday Sep. 23
- Dance, dine and help underserved kids get outside Sep. 17
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.