The good news is that skiers and snowboarders will get their first chance to play on the mountain Saturday. From 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., a preseason rail park will be open at the top of the Hogsback Express Chairlift, where there's 2 feet of snow. The features and terrain are tailored to intermediate to advanced skills levels.
There will be giveaways from Capita snowboards, Union Bindings and COAL Headwear.
Lift tickets are $12, free if you have a bike park pass or 2013-14 season pass for the mountain. The snow is thin down low, so you'll have to take the chair for the trip back down. More info is here.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Section of Pacific Crest Trail closed due to fire in Glacier Peak Wilderness July 24
- Best shots: Some of my favorite recent outdoor photos July 21
- Photographers catch baby orca 'leaping for joy' July 20
- Student learn leadership, love of nature on trips in North Cascades July 19
- Upcoming outdoor events July 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.